3-year-old Daniel peacefully sleeping
For a number of months we have been quietly teaching the message of the restored gospel to a family living in Dundalk (eastern Baltimore). They have six sons (5 of them still living at home). The father is a member of the Church, but the mother is not.
Sometime during the night last Saturday, little 3-year-old Daniel climbed into his parents bed, snuggled up next to his mother and quickly went back to sleep. Mom and Dad had no idea that the little boy was there, but early the next morning they were awakened by the sweet sound of their young son singing "I Am A Child Of God."
I AM A CHILD OF GOD
Naomi Ward Randall (1908 - 2001)
I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.
I am a child of God
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.
We have watched the Holy Ghost at work for some time now with this precious family. As the parents have accepted new knowledge of gospel doctrine and increased their understanding of spiritual things, we have also witnessed the growth in their sons who have been very receptive to the influence of the Spirit. It is a fact that little children will follow the attitude and example of Mom and Dad much more readily than just by listening to their words. At the direction and encouragement of the Father, every member of the family now takes a turn offering the prayer before each meal.
Sing on little Daniel! Those warm and peaceful feelings you have when you talk or sing about Jesus come from Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost.

No comments:
Post a Comment